Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Nice and Ornamental

Recently, got into the craze for ornamental design.

And perfect on timing, Hairianto asks me for a pair of shoes on which he'd like to see more brown-ness.

Give me ideas like that, and I'll start generating visuals in my head. Sometimes it's just impossible to put in on paper.

And that, I think is the biggest problem I might have in school. Sometimes I just cannot get anything out on paper for the lecturers to see.

A lecturer told me last semester, "You really have to sketch your ideas, we're not psychic, we cannot read your mind... Most of the time if there are no sketches the final output will be really bad."



My first lantern frame! I've been wanting to make one of these 3D star lamps for a long time. Used 30 over pieces of satay sticks and lotsa masking tape.

I referenced it from a craft book, which told to use willow sticks. So exotic- sounding.

But the satay sticks works perfectly well too. And very the local! =D

But I haven't the 'fairy lights' yet. Exotic right?! Seriously, what are fairy lights? I've no idea.

I'll probably just get a normal light bulb or something. Then I'll cover it up with rice paper and my star lamp will be complete.

The only thing is, it'll probably look too good for my home.



And a T-shirt I did for a friend. Really nice and ornamental.

I thoroughly enjoyed painting on the T-shirt with a fine brush.

And the colour! I cannot be more happy with the colour. It gives me the sense of achievement when I mix to get the perfect colour.

My colour perception is kinda instinctive and intuitive. Therefore sometimes I totally nail it and at times I just completely screw it up.

No comments: