Tuesday, September 02, 2008

My Pleasant Dilemma

Wanted so badly to finally get a DSLR camera on Saturday. But turns out my meagre pay(seriously, need a higher-paying job NOW) wasn't really enough, and the camera was only going at S$790, okay! Scoured Peninsula Plaza and that was the lowest quotation.


So I was left sore and grumbling after that. I couldn't get the camera, but I knew damned well that I could afford other things, like shoes, shoes, shoes, etc. Oh yes, and not forgetting American Apparel online too.

But of course, if I were to spend my money on other frills, my vision of owning a DSLR would just become a mirage, wouldn't it? And I really don't want that to happen.

Therefore, I made a huge effort in self-discipline, stopping myself from buying new shoes, the taffeta jacket from American Apparel, CDs, DVDs, magazines, etc. But what I did do, I drank myself silly that Saturday night.

Just silly, NOT drunk.

So far, so good, I haven't touched the money in the bank since Saturday. I'm caught between the camera and clothes. I really need the camera, so for once I'll just forgo the clothes. I kinda like this dilemma, not knowing what to do with money.

Oh, that's right, they call it saving up.

No comments: