Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I'm Almost Positive That I Paid $17 For A Meagre Portion Of Fries

You'd think that after a long day of running around, shooting, thinking, cutting and pasting, more running around and more shooting, you'd be able to sit down and have a decent and peaceful meal.


But no, you are wrong.

You'd think that after having to lug an 8-kg bag(no kidding, okay, I fucking weighed it) on one shoulder while carrying a 2-kg A2 folio from point A to point B, you'd be able to enjoy a well-craved dinner at point B.

Tsk tsk, wrong again.

It was 7-ish-going-to-8. I was at Long John Silvers at Cineleisure. I was fucking tired, fucking hungry. My shoulder ached badly. My 8-kg bag seemed to get heavier by the minute.

8kg alright! Can you imagine lugging 8kg of whatever on one shoulder?!

So I ordered some rice meal thingy at LJS, with an additional side of fries. I got my fries. The blur cock cashier said that the rest of the order will be delivered to me in 'around 5 minutes'.

I paid with a $50 note and got my change back.

I sat back down with Idil, munching on my fries.

My fries were gone.

I was patiently waiting for my rice thingy to be delivered. I played with the plastic fork for a good amount of time, combing my fringe with it, a la Ariel; I was bending the prongs on the fork, hoping they'd snap, but no they didn't. I think they're making plastic forks snap-proof now.

Yet, my food wasn't delivered. I checked my wallet 'cause I got hit by a random suspicion, and realised that the blur cock cashier kinda shortchanged me $10. By this point in time, I had already lost my appetite. If the food came, great, if it didn't, then fuck it.

But shortchanging me?!?!

Under normal circumstances, I do elementary mental sums at the speed of sound, assuming the norm for the same mental sum is done at the speed of light. At that current state of mind, where I was half brain-drained, you think I could have calculated how much change I should have got back?

It was probably a really strategic time to mess with me. I'm so fucking drained from the day's activities that I really do not want to have to actively ask to be served. It's not 'fast'-food for nothing. I was sooo not in the mood to be confrontational with the cashier.

Plus, I simply have a weakness for blur people. Fine, you're blur enough, you've probably experienced enough shit for just being blur, so I will definitely not give you more than you can handle.

I did have the energy to grumble and complain and bitch to Idil though. So much so that the guy on the next table asked me to go get my food from the counter. But no, I hadn't planned on doing that.

Guess I was at my most gracious state of mind. It was much easier to let it go and not kao peh so much about the money and lack of service.

No comments: