Tuesday, July 08, 2008

The Strangers and The Strangers the Movie

Despite bad reviews, still went to watch The Strangers today at Cathay Downtown East, this mall called E!Hub or something. What's up with the ambiguous names, seriously...


The place, OMFG, is just gaudy. It's got this cheap indoor ferris wheel thingy contaminating its facade, and the whole place got splashed with so much colour, it just screams gaudy. We walked into the lift, with no idea which floor to go to, since it wasn't properly labeled on which floor the box office was.

On level 4, it was still unclear where the box office was. I don't like it when tickets AND snacks share the same counter. I want to get tickets without having to fend off the glaring spotlights of the snackbar. When I do wanna get snacks, then I really don't mind the glaring spotlights! But tickets and snacks together? I don't get it.

And the ticketing staff wasn't too friendly. Not rude, yes, but not friendly either. Delivered her lines correctly, yes, but could do with a more pleasant facial expression. And I would love for more time to pick my seats. I really don't need anyone to rush me.

“How 'bout here?” (tap tap) “How 'bout this?” (tap tap)

I just feel like I'm such a horrible customer that she wants me outta her face pronto. 

Moving on, the usher was the worst lah, seriously. OMFG, rude, rude, rude!

He stood at his rostrum, head down, apparently occupied reading some highly important shit. I inched closer to him, hoping he'd look up. Alas! He fucking just reached out with one hand, with his head down! Hmm, REALLY important shit he must've been reading...

TSK!

And the movie was just typical of C-list movies lah...

Hot obscure actors and nice theatrical masks. Like the gay subtext with the 2 pubescent Christian boys with their bicycles towards the end.

No comments: