Thursday, July 17, 2008

2 Consecutive Days Off From Work

Unfortunately, I only got 3 days of work this week. I think I need to put in effort to appear 'in desperate need of money'. I mean, I need to feed my need for shopping, right? Plus I'm gonna be shopping FOR SCHOOL, okay.


But me being me, I tend to switch things around to my advantage, so no matter how unfortunate a situation is, I'll make it fortunate again. So this week, great, I'll have many days of rest. I forgot how tiring it is to be working at the box office. Trust me, it's taxing like hell. So I've decided to catch up with my social life instead.

On Tuesday, I slept most part of the day away, desperately trying to muffle out the drilling and construction racket. When I finally did crawl out of bed, it was late afternoon.

I took a shower, stumbled out of the house, headed to the supermarket, foraging for food. Then I got hit by a brain wave and decided to make beer-battered fish and chips. Beer, beer, beer. It's all I've been thinking about! OMG.

Before I did any shopping, called Farid and Dil, whom I apparently promised to meet up with the night before. So after much deliberation and coercion, I decided to go meet them. With the turn of some events, they decided to go catch a movie IN TOWN.

So I scrapped the idea of beer-battered fish, and went to meet them. I felt kinda off because I was dressed like shit and was heading to town. I wasn't even shabby-chic, okay. Just shabby. But what the heck, we were just going to TheCathay—the fringe of town.

Thought I could get free tix, but thought wrong. But hey! We paid 6 bucks for each tix, and got free popcorn and drinks! The undisclosed perks of working at the cinema lah, huh.

Then came Wednesday, where I met with Jana, who was going for a job interview at Ninewest. The lady offered me an application form too, of which I politely declined, though bewildered at first. 

“You employ guys?!” I exclaimed.

Jana was asking me to fill it in too, coercing me to try it out for the chance that I might get a higher paying job. But retail? Hmm... Maybe when I feel more ready for it lah.

Oh yeah, right before Jana texted me to meet, I was once again thinking of my beer-battered fish. I was fucking googling for fish batter recipes already, okay! Haha!... So I scrapped the idea for a second time.

(I did like a whole morning of online window shopping! Oh ma, I oogled at satin charmeuse jackets, vintage plaid shorts, basket weave sandals, patent leather loafers, rainbow tees, tailored pants from Junn J and went ga-ga crazy at drugstore.com.)

Fungry from thinking about my beer-battered fish, we went to have ayam penyet at Marina Square. Woohoo! FINALLY SATISFIED MY CRAVING FOR IKAN BAWAL PENYET LAH!!! Ayam Penyet Ria at Lucky Plaza ran out of pomfret for the longest time!

It was many weeks ago that the craving for pomfret penyet came about. After seeing Nenny swipe her pomfret clean like how a tame house cat would eat its fish, fried pomfrets just appear delectable and tantalising.

After dinner, Jana and I headed to Starbucks at Suntec, where I met two of her long-time friends. This is what I mean by catching up with my social life. It's been soooooo long since I met new people. I love people and people love me.

But I loved her friend more after she lugged out a bottle of Absolut Mango and offered me a shot or two. Haha!... The power of alcohol, people. Fucking hell lah, I'm succumbing too much to alcohol.

Oh, and I still cannot shake the feeling that I absolutely HAVE to go for the girl party tomorrow night! I would take it that meeting Jana's girlfriends was a sign that I should party tomorrow. Plus I'm off from work on Friday, so I'll have the whole day to recuperate post-clubbing.

Anyways, after hanging out at Suntec, Jana and I headed over to Toa Payoh, where we planned to surprise Leila since she was on closing shift at the cinema. Very much missed the times at Eng Wah Suntec when we would work together, break together, eat together, crap together, basically BE TOGETHER.

Yes, the pay at Eng Wah Cinemas was minimum, but we had so much fun! Those were the times, seriously. I want to enjoy work like before. At least there was more camaraderie back in the Eng Wah days. Who the fuck enjoys going lunch/dinner break alone?!

I suggested that I could go back working at Eng Wah, but with a slew of resignations and an unfortunate loss, I just don't think things will be the same.

I need a new job lah.

No comments: